Saturday, December 4, 2010

28 Days of Thanks - Day 3 (a little late)

1. Patience - I usually feel like I have none, but I am realizing that maybe I have a lot more than I thought. My friends/family have a lot of patience too, dealing with me and listening to me. I am glad I have so much patience dealing with my boss and life in general. It's getting me through.


2. Being sober - I am slightly amazed that even with days like yesterday I am not out drinking or taking pills or something. Somewhere my head thinks it'd help, but I really know it wouldn't. I am glad I know the things I do.


3. Dan/Matt - It is really good to have such good guys in my life that I can talk to on a daily basis. Seriously amazing men that can make me laugh like crazy, that I know truly care and would do anything for me if I needed their help. They have both been in my life so long and it goes without saying how much I appreciate them. Not to mention I'd be there for them both in a heartbeat.


4. Distance/time - It's nice to get a way from things that have hurt me long enough that I can start to let them go. I am not sure if it's complete forgiveness, but it slowly gets there. Looking back on things and not being filled with total hate is a good feeling. Even remembering good things while looking back is a blessing.


5. My bed - Honestly the best thing I ever purchased. Simply put. It is like heaven.

No comments: